When Things Go Wrong is the title of the fifth episode from season two of Way of the Master.
(00:00 - 01:15)
Scene begins in a boxing studio. A tough fit man is working out and hitting punching bags. Scene switches to the middle of a boxing ring, and Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron appear facing each other off while wearing boxing gloves.
- Kirk "This episode of Way of the Master is going to be a bit different from our other programs. That is because we are in areal boxing ring and we are here to remind you that when you reach out to he lost, you step right into the ring."
- Ray "The Bible says "Rest not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers usually in spiritual wickedness and high places." So sometimes you ay just get beaten up a little."
- Kirk "This episode is called 'When Things Go Wrong.'"
(01:46 - 04:31)
- Ray "Check out these clips from some of our past episodes..."
Shows three scenes, all of which the people being interviewed come to agree with the message of Way of the Master. Kirk covers the first scene, a blond woman the second, and Ray for the last.
(04:32 - 05:04)
- Kirk "Wouldn't that be great if that happened all the time? I mean, if people always reacted that well to the gospel, but we know that does not always happen. In fact, it did not always happen with Jesus either. In fact, he told us that when we share our faith we should not be surprised if the world hates us. So we want to encourage you, not just by showing you episodes where things always went well, but show you the times when we share the gospel and things seem to go wrong. And this should be encouraging to us, because it shows us that we are doing the same kinds of things that Jesus did."
(05:06 - 05:42)
- Ray "Again, this should be encouraging because if you are going to share your faith with someone, things don't always go right, you will get things out of the ordinary. In real life, someone you speak to about the things of god may not like what you are saying to them. And they may not leave you a word, and you find yourself against the ropes wanting to through in the towel. They may lay you out with a knockout punch. I have been personally bruised and accused -(Kirk interrupts "By a woman!" Ray laughs and continues) and I haven't got a word out and things haven't gone right and this could be discouraging. It can be embarrassing, but we must remember that we are in a fight and we have got to remember that god is with us."
(05:43 - 06:23)
Scene switches to two interviews. The first one does not agree with Ray's message, and claims God is all-forgiving and all-loving. The second does not blame anything on sin, because everything is part of God's will and therefore God is responsible for all the bad.
(06:24 - 06:48)
- Kirk "Imagine how you would feel, if you witnessed to the most hard-heartened anti-Christian religious fanatic of his day, Saul of Tarsus. I mean, this man had hated Christians so much, the Bible says he had them tortured and even killed them for their faith. Now, imagine you just witnessed to him and you watched his blood boil at what you said, and then he throws you into a black and cold torture cell."
(06:49 - 07:54)
- Ray "If that happened to me, I would be discouraged. But think what happen, Steven was arrested for so-called blasphemy, they say he had transgressed the third commandment. He was taken before the council and they said "are these things so?" And then he gave a history of Israel, and he said how Moses was given the law by God and how Israel had transgressed and making idols. And then Steven accused his hearers of transgressing the sixth of the ten commandments, he said "you are murderers!" and he climaxed his sermon by saying, "and you, you were given the law by the hand of angels and have not kept it." Well, look at the reaction of his hearers, they gnashed upon him with nail and teeth, they took him out and stoned him to death. Now, Saul was there that day and the Bible says he was consenting to the death of Steven. There is no record of Saul saying 'God forgive me, I have broken those commandments.' But I do not think Saul would have forgotten what he saw and heard that day. A seed was planted within his heart and God saved him and God's timing, and look at the wonderful tree of righteousness that grew from there."
(07:55 - 08:17)
- Kirk "Next, lets look a clip from video inside and outside of seasons. Ray Comfort was preaching in Galilee in Israel, things went so well there he decided to move onto Jerusalem. Well, he was speaking to the people and then the crowd started getting restless, then one man got quite upset. You know, Jerusalem has a reputation of that happening." (End scene with a knock out bunch from a boxer.)
(08:18 - 09:00)
Scene switches to Ray in Jerusalem (or as they say they are) and shows a clip of a man begins shouting back at Ray. The sound quality is bad, and difficult to make out what they are saying, and we have no idea what was said beforehand. The man spits at Ray, and then tries to get upfront and personal but was prevented.
(09:01 - 09:08)
- Kirk "The man who filmed that clip is named Easy, he is our office manager at Way of the Master. Lets have him tell the story..." (Scene switches to a man sitting in an office)
(09:09 - 10:07)
- Easy "Now, I have been heading up evangelism teams for many years, and I have been in some very awkward situations, but let me tell you. This incident in Jerusalem was the most intense experience I have ever had. The worst part is what took place off camera. The man was yelling and spitting at Ray, look over and saw that I was filming it. Obviously not wanting his actions to be captured on tape started chasing me around and try to get the camera from me. Now, I remember passing the camera around behind our backs trying to get away. It was by god's grace that we were not killed that evening. you know, Jesus said in Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee" Now it is amazing that after 2,000 years you can still feel that same intensity in the air. Now this next clip took place in New Zealand. Ray and I just finished preaching in the square in Christchurch, witnessing to a transvestite named Billy. As you will be very clearly tell, Billy really did not like what I had to say." (scene switches to a transvestite lying on some steps).
The clip begins with Easy telling Billy "christ can set you free" and Billy gets upset and walks to Easy and grabs him by the throat. Billy tells Easy "This is my country, we have got rights in this country okay"
(10:26 - 11:25)
- Kirk "Do you ever feel discouraged when you share your faith because people react in a way that you are hoping that they will? Well, we all feel that way but we really shouldn't. It is normal, if we are telling the truth. Remember, they tried to kill Jesus ten times before he got to the cross. Do you ever wonder, if jesus was ever such a loving and kind man, then why did they hate him so much. The Bible says they hated him because of what he said. [quotes John 7:7 "[the world] hates me, because I testify of it, and their works are evil."] Scene switches to man with long hair and a Iron maiden t-shirt who says "Fuck Christianity" and walks off. Another scene of a person saying that they are who they are because God made them that way and the person will go to Heaven as he is, and walks off.
(11:26 - 13:32)
- Kirk "lets look at the book of Acts and see what happens when Paul preached the Biblical gospel." Quotes Acts 13:50 saying Paul was persecuted and thrown out of the region, then they quote Acts 14:19 and say that Paul was stoned and left for dead. Then Acts 16:23 both Paul and Silas were beaten with many stripes and thrown in prison. Finally with Acts 23:1,2 AS soon as Paul began to speak, he was smacked in the mouth. "Think about this, if Paul was simply telling those people about god's grace and his goodness, telling them that they had a void in their heart, jesus can fill it and he would bring them health and prosperity. Well, those people would not have treated Paul so terribly. Paul must have been saying something very different to get such an angry response from the crowd. And he did, he did what jesus did. He loved, he pointed out the specific and personal sin so that they could see their personal need for a savior." (Scene switches with another fast clip of a boxer punching up close at the camera, to a man on the beach.)
(13:33 - 14:13)
The man says he does not know there is a God, Savior, hell, and such and does not care. Ray points out that the man believe in evolution, but suddenly a person sneaks up behind the man (who quickly pushes him away, telling him to fuck off). Scene switches to a different clip in that same interview, with Ray telling the man that Jesus died for his sins, but the man points out that Ray is repeating something to him from a book he does not accept as true to begin with. The man says that there is no god, Ray says yes there is because Ray knows him. The man points out no Ray does not know God. When the atheist asks Ray what does he look like, Ray says he is invisible. The atheist says but he must look like a man since we were created in his "image." The atheist walks away without shaking Ray's hand.
(14:14 - 14:41)
- Ray "In Mark 10 verse 17 when the rich young ruler came out to jesus, he ran to him, knelt down and said "Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?" Jesus first improved the man's understanding of the word good, and then he gave him five of the ten commandments. He brought out the knowledge of sin using god's law. But did the man say "I've sinned against god"? Nope, he just walked away from jesus and there is no evidence of sign of sorrow of sin." (Scene switches to another interview on the street.)
(14:42 - 15:13)
The man being interviewed claims to be homeless and sleeping on the street.
(15:14 - 15:24)
- Ray "Then there are people who won't let get in a word inch-wise (while holding his arms out to a span of about a yard) and its going to be frustrating, discouraging, and there is really little you can do about it and it is something we have to deal with." (Another scene switch to an interview.)
(15:25 - 16:38)
The interview takes place in the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, Los Angeles. The man begins with "if that is the way it is, I give the finger to the Lord. I think it is a messed up belief. Give me one good reason, I have seen way more horrible things in this world then women, women should not be lower level then men in my opinion. So for that reason, I have a lot of problems with .... the Bible is written by men, powerful men, Jesus never said -The Way of the Master fast forwards it, making it unable to understand what the man is saying. They have a timer at the bottom, showing how long the man was talking. According to them, he talked for nine and a half minutes until Ray said let Kirk say something.
(16:39 - 17:32)
- Kirk "I love this next clip. This is one of Ray being chased by an angry woman in Santa Monica after he spoke to her." The scene switches to Ray narrating the scene. Ray says the woman, after a talk one on one, walked up to Ray and said "you punched me, I am calling the police." And the first thing Ray thought was Scripture telling his if he is persecuted flee, so Ray fled but she followed. She did call the police, but after they showed them the footage, the police laughed and let Ray go.
(17:33 - 18:07)
- Kirk "Ray, do you remember that time we were in Orlando airport, we were walking toward an elevator in a hotel lobby and Ray had given a man a tract (gospel tract) and when we got to the elevator, we found out this man followed us all the way to the elevator, he walked up, crumbled the tract up and through at Ray. He felt so discouraged and we felt embarrassed, we did not know how to respond. And this man said, "Don't give me your blanky, blank blank." Well, sometimes you just feel like climbing out of the ring, but we can't. We've got to stay in, for the sake of people's salvation.
(18:08 - 19:38)
Scene switches to a young Christian sharing his experience with a friend who met a Bible-believing fundamentalist. The difference was that this man did not share the belief that God was in control of everything. The man put his hand in the gesture of a gun to the interviewees head and pulled the trigger, arguing that God was not in control because he just blew his head off. However, the interviewee said to the man, even if he did blew his head off, God is still in control of everything. A week later, the fundamentalist showed up at the interviewees church and confessed to Christ.
(19:39 - 19:55)
- Kirk "Ray and I were in Canada doing a Way of the Master seminar when Ray decided that he would demonstrate on camera how simple it is to approach strangers and talk about his faith. He had a hidden microphone, but unfortunately he walked right into the middle of a drug deal."
Wake Up Call
- Kirk "Are you a Christian? Do you not share your faith because you are so afraid of offending someone that you avoid the subject of the gospel all together? Well, if you are not sharing your faith, you are not even in the ring. Prove your love for god and for the lost be learning how to share your faith. Go to our website. We want to give you equipment that will give you courage. Do it for someone you love."
Copied from Iron Chariots